Graded by Grace Rocksbox.com
http://colorandgrace.com Daily Special menu.
Monday – Fashion 101
Tuesday – Fashion Chinese Take-Out
Wednesday – Graded by Grace
Friday – They Got It Right!
Saturday – Fashion Gossip
Sunday – Gone Fishing! Or shopping. Or gardening. But not blogging!
Got a special order? Let’s hear it! I’m always looking for suggestions and comments!
Back in April I wrote a post about Rocksbox, read it here. Now after I’ve used them for a while, I think it is necessary to update how I grade them. 😉
I heard a lot of great things about them from the blogland and saw so many cute pictures. So I was pretty happy when I received my first box. I used them pretty often and here are some photos:
But after I used them for about two month, my thoughts have changed a little bit. Here are my personal opinions about Rocksbox:
1. Right on trend. Usually I can find most of the currently hot pieces on Rocksbox.com.
2. Well made. Most of them are pretty well made and I haven’t experienced any quality problem.
3. Fast return and delivery. So far this is my second box and after they received the first one I mailed back, within 3 days they sent out the second one.
1. Not totally worry free. It is probably just me; BUT, I have been worried about losing or damaging the jewelry since I got them. Because I am more or less renting them, if anything gets lost or goes wrong, I have to pay for the whole price. Please understand, there is nothing wrong with Rocksbox, and they aren’t the only retailer with this concept. But, I think I am just not comfortable with the whole subscription online shopping theme.
2. Pricy. Since I was worried about losing them, I thought maybe I would just purchase the items I liked instead. But the items I’ve received are either not my style or way out of my price range. For example, I really love that gold bracelet in the above photos. But it is nearly $200. Again, it is probably just me. I am willing to spend big bucks on some clothes, bags, shoes and sunglasses. But somehow I don’t feel it is worth it to spend that much money on a small piece of jewelry. I would rather pay more money for some classic diamond or gold jewelry.
Overall I will still give Rocksbox an A but I will only recommend it to the people who are more familiar and comfortable with online subscription services. For me, I am sending back my latest items and cancelling the subscription.
SHOP MY LOOK:
White sunnies @Fendi
White top @BCBG
White shorts @TJ Maxx
Gold bag @Valentino
Gold sandals @DSW
Bracelets @Rocksbox @Express
TODAY’S LINKUP PARTY:
what i wore