How petite women wear cocktail shorts
In recent years, cocktail shorts have slowly taken the stage of the fashion world. I am glad because I love shorts for warm weather. A great fitted pair of dressy shorts can beat any dress in my opinion.
Why do I say that?
I’m so glad you asked! I have several reasons:
1. Shorts are generally the best fit for petite women because they will reveal more leg and make us look taller and thinner.
2. Shorts are more secure and practical for movement. You don’t need to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions when it is windy or you are dancing. I mean really, you don’t want to make your snapchat debut the wrong way!
3. Shorts can layer with different tops, maybe even a cardigan, which have the ability to make an outfit more interesting. It is not like a dress where it doesn’t matter how many accessories you put on, it is still just a one piece outfit. But shorts can form endless looks by mixing and matching with different tops.
4. A dressy, structured pair of shorts shows your sophistication but without adding on any bulky look.
5. Of course, the most obvious reason is shorts are comfy to move in and will not be so hot on those 90 degree days.
Ok. There are many more reasons but I want narrow our focus and talk about how to wear a pair of cocktail shorts when you have a reason to dress up this summer.
1. Some basic black shorts are the best choice to dress up or down.
2. A pair of lace shorts with a girly top offers a soft feminine look that will keep you cool and looking hot all at the same time! Talk about multi-tasking!
3. An attention getting pair of bold color shorts with a solid color top will have you stealing the show.
4. A pair of sophisticated structured shorts is always a safe and fashionable choice.
Here are some cute cocktail shorts for under $100.
Congrats to our latest giveaway winner! 🙂
All videos and photos if not credited to a certain person, are by Robert Buck and Grace Liang.
You can follow my Youtube and Snapchat (colorandgrace) to see more behind the scenes. Thank you for reading, and if you like what you read, please comment below or share it with your friends. Follow me on FB and IG for daily updates!:) Have a great day and see you soon!
| Today’s Link up party |
Meet our co-host Rania from The Wardrobe Stylist
Branding herself The Wardrobe Stylist, Rania began styling and blogging nearly a decade ago. She worked with a long list of clients and as a blogger, she covered several coveted events. She recently launched the Reversible Pocket Square. Made from 2 distinct fabrics, the reversible pocket square takes a modern and innovative shift on the age old accessory, allowing the wearer to choose which side to showcase or have both sides conveniently peak through.
http://colorandgrace.com occasionally receives vendor/ brand sponsorships for mentioning their products.