The key word for Fall fashion—layering
What does fall fashion mean to you? Heavier fabrics? The rich and earthy colors? For me, the key word for fall fashion is layering. Literally layering with everything.
1. Layering with a Duster: You might think a duster is too long to layer with. That’s the beauty of layering when it’s done right, it can pretty much add dimension and depth to any outfit.
2. Layering with a Vest: I love my vests and have them in all kinds of colors, patterns and lengths. You really need at least a few basic ones in your wardrobe for when you want to add a bit extra but still want your sleeves to come through loud and clear.
3. Layering with a scarf or shawl: Adding cool classic scarves to your closet is easy and doesn’t have to break your budget. Thin light materials like silk and nylon can be used on a warm fall day or you can up the fabric weight to cotton or even wool for the tail end of autumn when it’s feeling more like winter. Anyway your choice of colors, patterns, fabrics and styles is almost endless!
4. Layering with a Motor Jacket: When you’re not feeling all “sugar and spice” it may be time to change to “leather and studs”. A classic leather (real or faux) biker jacket is an instant way to add some “don’t mess with me” attitude and layering to your fall look. Black is the traditional color but don’t limit yourself. There are lots of other options to fit your and anyone’s style.
5. Layering with light weight jackets or coats in fall colors: Whether it’s a colorful and breezy windbreaker or your favorite trench coat you can use a mid-weight fabric jacket or coat to add that much needed and versatile outer layer. I mean how many times can you score both style points and keep warm with the same piece? That’s what we call a true win-win.
Have you layered yet?
Now You can win a sweet Japan Candy Box by entering the giveaway below. Good luck! 🙂
All videos and photos if not credited otherwise, are by Robert Buck and Grace Liang.
|TODAY’S LINKUP PARTY:|
https://colorandgrace.com occasionally receives vendor/ brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services.