This post is partnered with PlateJoy!
I have practiced a low-carb diet, off and on, for about 5 years now. I was very strict in the beginning, losing about 12 pounds, and my lowest weight was 107 pounds. But later, when my late husband was sick, it became very hard to stay on the diet. Hospital food was not that low-carb friendly, and I was at the stress-eating mode. So, I ended up at 130 pounds.
After my late husband passed away in early 2017, I took steps to get my life back. Such as, going to the gym, eating a low-carb diet, and seeing a grief psychologist. Now after 18 months, I have mostly turned my life around in the direction that I like. I am pretty happy with my progress. I even love to cook for myself now. LOL.
Late 2017, I quit my full-time teaching job and became a full-time blogger. With all the events, meetings and photo shoots, my day can get super crazy. I find myself dining out more often. Sometimes when I am ready to cook, I realize that I do not have all the ingredients that I need. Also, I feel too tired to grocery shop and then come back to cook. I always wanted some sort of app that helps with low-carb meal planning. One that can give me a shopping list so I can grocery shop during the weekend.
Sure enough, when PlateJoy contacted me about their app, I was so happy to discover its service! PlateJoy is a personalized meal planning app that makes healthy eating easy. It personalizes my meal plan by having me take a lifestyle quiz about my tastes, health goals, family size, schedule, and more. After answering all the questions, I received delicious, custom-designed meal plans. You can see how it works below:
The app has generated a whole shopping list based on what I need for this coming week. It is pretty cool that it gives me the option to choose what I already have.
I am going to show you my new favorite breakfast by using this app. I twisted the recipe a bit because I love almonds more than walnuts.
Here you go, the 5-minute and yummy breakfast!
It turned out not only pretty but also quite tasty too! 🙂
Below are some thoughts on this app.
– It makes starting a new diet or eating plan easy. Accommodating: low-carb, low-sodium, keto, paleo, weight loss, food allergies, vegetarian, vegan and more
– Find the type of cooking that works for your household… family friendly, batch cooking, slow cooker meals, budget, etc.
– Get recipes that fit your schedule. Get plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Or, pick only the meals you need. You can change the exact number of meals each week to fit your exact schedule.
– No more food wasted. Your digital pantry keeps track of ingredients you already have. Also, the app pairs your recipes together smartly to cut waste.
– Get optional same-day delivery, with no packaging or subscriptions. Through this app, you can even order from your local stores and get optional delivery when you want it. (And, without boxes of dry ice!)
– Access all your plans on the go. It is easy to use with your recipes sent straight to your phone!
If you are having a busy schedule and still would like to stay on your diet, this app is a useful helper. Now you can use code COLORANDGRACE to get $10 off any plan at PlateJoy (sitewide).
You can read all about my fitness/healthy lifestyle here.
Photo credit: Grace Liang/@anstam
Thank you for reading! If you like what you read, please comment below, or share it with your friends. For new post updates, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter. For all the amazing fashion/beauty and lifestyle products I share, follow me on Instagram. Of course, remember to check out my daily Instagram stories to know me better as a person. Finally, make sure to follow me on YouTube for my fashion, beauty and lifestyle videos. Have a great day and see you soon!
|TODAY’S LINKUP PARTY:|
colorandgrace.com occasionally receives vendor/brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services.