You may already know that I offer Social Media Consulting Services to help you grow your Instagram account. For more details, check out this page.
I believe life is all about giving love and serve others. I love to see more people make their dream come true through Instagram. I also believe we are not competitors, we are collaborators. So I will start to write more about my knowledge and experiences of how I grow my account for more than 100k in 3 years.
To be honest with you, I didn’t know that Instagram could be this big when I created my account. Therefore, I wasn’t giving much effort and attention the first year. Then I noticed the power of Instagram and I started to focus on growing it. Instagram already became one of the most important indicators of a digital influencer. It is the first thing that most brands will check on you if they are looking for an influencer to work with.
The first step that I do with my mentees or clients is to analyze their account as below: I like to use numbers to see the fact. This way, we can clearly to see if our content is matching who we are as we describe in our bio. I will use my account as an example.
#Fashion #Travel #Lifestyle #Wellness
All data is based on a 30-day period, from 8/5/2018 to 9/5/2018.
1. There are totally 864 posts, 120k followers, and 1,706 following
I do clean up my feed at least once a month. The ones are still live are which I am proud of the work or via a contract that I can’t delete.
2. The total number of posts: 54
I post twice a day in general, and now I am trying to post three times a day. The reason is Instagram only show my post to 10% of my followers, and if I post more frequently, then they will have more chance to see my posts.
3. The total number of posts for lifestyle: 16
This is precisely the number one focus of my account, and my content is reflecting with my bio
4. The total number of posts for Social Media Consulting Services: 10
This is my new business, so I promote a lot as well to let more people know about it.
5. The total number of posts for fashion: 8
My account may look like all about fashion, but the captions are shows my intention to use fashion as a platform to connect with others and share my message.
Below is a secondary focus of my content:
6. The total number of posts for beauty: 5
7. The total number of posts for wellness: 5
8. The total number of posts for public speaker: 4
9. The total number of posts for travel: 4
10. The total number of posts for 40s: 1
11. The total number of posts for Petite: 0
I probably need to put more petite related content based on these data.
13. Average number of weekly posts: 14
14. Average number of likes for each image post: 2.5k (The highest is 2674, and the lowest is 2274)
15. An average number of comments for each post: 110 (The highest is 164, and the lowest is 55)
The high and low can tell me what type of content is popular or not popular.
16. An average number of views for each video post: 9322 views. There is only one video
The video is the future of content. I am still learning too!
17. 30 days impression: Average number: 8.5k (The highest is 10203, and the lowest is 7386)
Brands often ask this data to decide if your content is highly engaging.
17. The engagement rate: 2.3%
This is another super essential data for how well your account is perfuming. For accounts that have more than 100k followers, the average engagement rate is between 1.5% to 3%. If your account is less than 10k, your goal is to reach 10% to 20 to be considered highly engaging account.
18. Average number of Hashtags for each post: 26
Hashtags are so important for others to find you on Instagram. I will talk more about this in a future post. Please let me know if this post is helpful and if you would like to read more! 🙂
Photo credit: Grace Liang/@nicholasplund
Thank you for reading! If you like what you read, please comment below, or share it with your friends. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter for new updates. For all the amazing fashion/beauty and lifestyle products I share, also follow me on Instagram. Remember to check out my Instagram stories daily to know me better as a person. Finally, don’t forget to follow me on YouTube for my fashion/beauty and lifestyle videos. Have a great day and see you soon!
|TODAY’S LINKUP PARTY:|
colorandgrace.com occasionally receives vendor/brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services.