This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own!
Home used to be a bitter and sweet word that, often brought tears to me. When I was young, I hardly had a home. Before I was 11 years old, we had a one bedroom house you may call a shed with a straw roof, mud wall and dirt floor in China. There was no running water, barely working electricity and no toilet. Winter was very tough, I often woke up in the middle of the night freezing and hungry. Then we lost this home, moved to a new city. Over the next ten years, we had moved more than 20 times and finally, my family was able to buy a house.
We don’t often acknowledge the significance of the house keys jingling in our pockets — that what’s behind the doors, unlocked by those keys, reveals our opportunities in life. After my late husband passed away, I was so lost but at the same time, I felt so lucky to have this cozy house to live and heal. Home is the key!
This is the second year that I have partnered up with Chico’s/Habitat for Humanity to raise awareness and money to help others create a better life, a chance to build and buy a home can open the door to a new and more stable future.
• 90 percent of homeowners in Colorado saw an improvement in their family’s health since becoming Habitat homeowners.
• In Evansville, Indiana, 97 percent of Habitat homebuyers report they are in better financial situations to save for the future.
• In Minnesota, over half of homeowners with children said their children’s grades improved after moving into their Habitat home. Nearly two-thirds said their study habits improved.
• 94 percent of families in San Francisco East Bay and Silicon Valley feel safer in their Habitat homes.
Did you know Even in the U.S., decent and affordable housing is unreachable for too many?
• Today, 1 in 6 families pay half or more of their income on their rent or mortgage, often choosing between paying for housing or nutritious food, reliable transportation or even life-saving medicine.
• Virtually nowhere in the U.S. can a full-time employee earning minimum wage afford a one- bedroom apartment. Even two such jobs won’t rent a two-bedroom apartment in 34 states and the District of Columbia.
I love working with a great cause and that is why I am very proud to be a part of this campaign with Chico’s FAS.
Chico’s FAS shares Habitat for Humanity’s vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to call home. Decent, affordable housing can create transformational change for women, their families, and communities. This spring, donations to Habitat are being collected at the register and online by Chico’s, White House Black Market, and Soma. Empowering women through hearts, hands, and home.
Habitat for Humanity has helped more than 22 million people build strength and stability since 1976. More than 1.4 million people volunteered with Habitat last year. Are you ready to take a part of this great cause and give the key to someone’s happiness?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Visit or Shop to Support:
You can support Habitat for Humanity in three simple ways this April:
• Visit: habitat.org/homeisthekey and make a donation.
• Shop to Support:
o Chico’s FAS: Donate in-store or online at any of the Chico’s FAS brands mentioned below:
▪ Chico’s: Every sale of a signature Slub Tee Shirt from April 1 – May 31 will support Habitat, as well as $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $100,000.
▪ White House Black Market: From April 1 – May 31, White House Black Market will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $50,000.
▪ Soma Intimates: From April 1 – May 31, Soma will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25 in value, up to $50,000.
You can also shop at other partners below:
o At Home: In addition to featuring Habitat as the register fundraising partner throughout April, At Home will donate $4.55 per coaster from the sale of select coaster sets that give back to Habitat, beginning in April until supplies last.
o O-Cedar: O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop sold by O-Cedar to any U.S. retail channel in the U.S. from April 1 to June 15.
o Nissan will donate $5 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media in April.
Let’s build a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Home is the key, home is the key to happiness!
Photo credit: Grace Liang/@_lettherebelight_
Thank you for reading! If you like what you read, please comment below, or share it with your friends. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter for new updates. For all the amazing fashion/beauty and lifestyle products I share, also follow me on Instagram. Remember to check out my Instagram stories daily to know me better as a person. Finally, don’t forget to follow me on YouTube for my fashion/beauty and lifestyle videos. Have a great day and see you soon!
|TODAY’S LINKUP PARTY:|
colorandgrace.com occasionally receives vendor/brand sponsorships for mentioning their products and services.